The Magnum Expression Award
- The Theme
- The Awards
- The Jury
- Submission Requirements
- Program Partners
- Terms & Conditions
The goal of this call for submissions is to discover and encourage compelling photographic work. Participation is at no cost and all photographers world-wide are encouraged to submit relevant work.
20 finalists will be selected in a first round by the Magnum jury. A series of print-ready high resolution images will then be requested. These images will be produced using HP's Designjet Z3200 printer for final jury review and selection of the grant recipient and 2 others for Honorable mention. Upon selection, finalists will be notified of instructions regarding the final jury review.
The chosen photographer will receive:
- A $10,000 grant to support the continuation of his or her work.
- Mentorship from Magnum jury photographers.
- HP's Designjet Z3200 Photo Printer & a suite of media supplies to produce the project in exhibition form.
- The opportunity to work with the Magnum in Motion creative production team to produce a multimedia essay of the project.
- Production sponsorship of a solo exhibition printed on HP Designjet Z3200 Photo Printer Series.
- $3,000 credit for production of the photographer's essay in book form printed on HP Indigo printers, in collaboration with Blurb.com.
- A PhotoShelter Pro Account with 100GB storage and customizable website, for one year.
Honorable mention recipients will receive:
- An HP Photosmart Pro B9180 Photo printer & a suite of media for studio printing.
- $1,000 credit for production of the photographer's essay in book form printed on HP Indigo printers, in collaboration with Blurb.com.
- A PhotoShelter basic account with 10GB storage for one year.
- $200 contribution towards production of each photographer's essay in book form, in collaboration with Blurb.com and printed on HP Indigo printers.
- A PhotoShelter basic account with 10GB storage.
You need to upgrade your Flash Player.
This site requires a more recent version of the Flash plugin than you currently have. This plugin is free and can be downloaded here.
Or, if you're absolutely positive you have the most recent plugin, then click here to force the site to load.